Best of SF: 5 Fun Things to Do in San Francisco in December
Writings about residential real estate, San Francisco, and all things home, by Lisa Auer, J.D. of Kindred SF Homes
- Let's Glow SF, the country's largest holiday projection event, returns to downtown San Francisco through December 10. This free outdoor holiday event uses high-tech Panasonic projectors and lasers to project large-scale art concepts across the facade of six iconic SF buildings from 5-10 PM nightly.
- One of San Francisco's favorite annual traditions is the Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Celebration in Golden Gate Park, happening this year on Thursday, December 7 from 4-8 PM, and featuring live music, cookie decorating, carnival rides, food trucks, and more! Additionally, Entwined: Elder Mother will debut in front of Peacock Meadow.
- With the chilly weather we've been having lately, indulging in a gourmet hot chocolate sounds very appealing. See 12 Essential Places To Enjoy Decadent Hot Chocolate In San Francisco. Which one will you try first?
- The seasonal Fort Point Candlelight Tour is a one-of-a-kind experience taking you through all four levels of the historic fort, including the roof. This evening tour is ranger-led and lanterns are provided. Tickets are released 2 weeks in advance of each tour now through February.
- Another long-running San Francisco tradition is Kung Pao Kosher Comedy—Jewish comedy on Christmas in a Chinese restaurant. Tickets available for six shows this year from December 23-25 in-person at Imperial Palace Restaurant, or via livestream.
Photo credit: Micheile Henderson